The summer season is coming to a close and back to school is almost here. Are you prepared? Follow this list to get ready for fall semester both mentally and physically.
1. Set goals: Write out specific and attainable goals for each course you’re taking this semester. Rather than just saying you want to earn an “A” in the class, write out exactly what steps you will take daily, weekly, and monthly to get there.
2. Update technology: Technological advancements are occurring every day, making it especially important for online students to keep up on the updates. Check your syllabus or ask your professor which technology programs you will be using this semester, and become familiar with them before the class begins.
3. Get on a schedule: Set a tentative schedule of what your day-to-day will look like throughout the semester. Adjust your sleeping schedule, make arrangements with your job, and block out time slots in your day that will be dedicated to your courses. Getting in a routine ahead of time will ease the transition once classes actually start.
4. Prepare for each class: Read the syllabus and course description to ensure you know what to expect from each class. If there are any discrepancies, reach out to your professor ahead of time. Order your textbooks with enough time to have them when the class starts, and acquire any other materials you may need to successfully complete your course requirements.
5. Get organized: Prepare as far in advance as possible. Make detailed schedules and mark important due dates on your calendar. Organize your work space and clean out your computer files from last semester.
Returning back to school after a leisurely summer break is never easy, but being as prepared as possible will make the transition easy and exciting. Start the semester off on the right foot and with little stress by setting a successful plan.